Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Introverted

      As I sit here with my computer and my cup of Earl Grey, alone, I am feeling good. I do not have any music playing, the rhythmic ticking of the clock is soothing and keeps me in my thoughts.I do not feel the need to go visit or to have visitors. I am just fine right here by myself. You see, I am an introvert.
      I am not anti social, I just find social gatherings to be draining. I don't mind social events, but I would rather be watching and listening to them rather than participating in them. It is fun for me to watch and listen.
Small social events with people I know well are different. I can open up a little more, participate a little more.
     I am not one for small talk, never have been. My phone calls are usually to the point and brief. Talk about what is important the end. If you ask me about something I find important or interesting, I am not one to shy away. If I think something is important, I become very passionate about it. I do not have the gift of gab. I cant sit and talk about nothing for hours on end and usually draw a blank with people that can.
     When I travel to work, I will get food to go and eat it in my hotel room. This is comforting to me. I don't want or crave a bunch of stimulus. I am good with my own thoughts.
      I am quiet and reserve (unless you happen to be someone I know and am comfortable with) most of the time. People ask me all the time if everything is ok with me.I do not show emotion freely.
     I have always thought that something was wrong with me. Our society praises people who are outgoing and outspoken. All of the self help gurus try to tech us that this is the only way we can be successful. But there is nothing in the world wrong with being an introvert, some of the greatest people are or were introverts.
     If you have some of the same characteristics as me , maybe you are an introvert and thats ok. The world needs us. Be happy knowing that there is nothing wrong with you at all. This is who we are.Done

No comments:

Post a Comment